Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 6 – En Route to Laredo


I slept in until around 7:30 this morning, got up and had coffee & a waffle at the ‘breakfast bar’.  Pretty slim pickings here, but better than the place in Liberty.
I've never seen a waffle in the shape of Washington State . . .
I pretty much just drove all day, and the only bird I paid much attention to was a view of my “Life” White-tailed Hawk – a ‘drive-by’ sighting near Markham in Matagorda County, about 40 miles east of Victoria.

I made a side journey to swing through the town of Tynan, so that I could get some photos for my friend back in Olympia, whose surname is Tynan.  This town is a bit rough around the edges, but I’m sure the people are friendly.  The life of the town appeared to be at the Community Center and the feed plant.
Tynan, Texas - Population 278
I got into Laredo at 4:15, and went upstairs to register at the Laredo Birding Festival, then checked into the La Posada Hotel in the old downtown.  After getting into my room and taking a shower – it was 80° F – I went over to the Arts Center to take in the LBF birders’ reception and enjoy the art show.
Birders, Artists, and Bird Ar
There was some pretty nice artwork there, but I really enjoyed the pieces done by the kids
Better than I can do . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment