Sunday, February 17, 2019

February 17 - Computer Down!

UPDATE:  February 26 - I'm home and got my files 'recovered' and saved to external hard drive(s), so will attempt to re-start the Peregrination Blog as I can repair-replace the 'puter.

Feb 17 - Hi folks - I was about to begin posting about my Texas Trip - Anahuac Refuge, the Laredo Birding Festival, the Davis Mountains, and Big Bend.

Then, the evening after I picked up Black and Brown-capped Rosy-finches at Sandia Crest near Albuquerque - - - My hard drive crashed!!

With my text and - more importantly - my photos!

So, I'm going to have to wait until I get home and see if the Geek Squad can recover my data & files...  If not, I'll have to recreate it, and won't have the pretty pictures.

Let this be a reminder to all:  Save your work - Early and Often!

On a happier note, I saw my Lifer Scott's Oriole this afternoon at Cave Creek, Arizona.  Tomorrow, I will bird Madera Canyon & Florida Canyon. Perhaps even run down to Tubac and look for the Rose-throated Becards . . .

Then, it's time to start for the frigid Puget Sound and contemplate my next adventure.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment